Academy Recruitment & Requirements
APPLICATION QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Career path that includes workforce administration in the state’s community and technical college system.
- Support from college administration with a commitment to provide the time and financial resources required
- Completed application package (Application, resume, two reference forms)
- Commitment to:
- Two-day summer kick-off retreat usually held in the SeaTac area during the month of August
- All quarterly Academy training sessions
- Development and completion of a leadership project
- $2500 participant fee from each institution which covers all training materials, speakers, and summer retreat meal and overnight hotel expenses. In addition to the participant fee, institutions are expected to cover travel expenses (mileage and/or flight, hotel, and evening per diem meals) at the quarterly fall, winter and spring meetings.
COMMITMENT FROM HOST COLLEGE:
In addition to the required participant fee that each college will be providing, we respectfully request the following commitment from each institution to include the appropriate campus leadership (President, VPs, Deans):
- Support your Deans’ Academy participant in identifying a suitable leadership project for the year.
- Include the attendee as appropriate in annual workforce planning (i.e. Perkins and Worker Retraining).
- Meet with your Academy attendee quarterly to discuss his/her progress in the Academy.
- Assist in recommending appropriate mentor(s) for the participant
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND DATES
“The Deans’ Academy was one of the best experiences for my own professional and personal growth.”